Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup- If your Synaptics touchpad isn’t working properly on Windows 10, there may be a driver issue. Although installing the most recent drivers is recommended, this problem can occasionally arise even if you are using the most recent drivers.
Here we can see, “How to: Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup”
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup Due to their effectiveness and ongoing driver updates, Synaptics touchpads are among the most widely used touchpads in the world.
Problems with touchpads can significantly reduce your productivity, especially if a mouse is not nearby. This article explicitly addresses these kinds of touchpad problems.
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup The touchpad on laptops running Windows 10 not working is undoubtedly one of the most prevalent problems. Since Synaptics is the most well-known maker of human interface products in the world, you’re likely using one of their touchpads. However, even Synaptics touchpads have their problems.
In this post, we provide you with remedies for most of the problems that could be causing these problems, including outdated drivers and conflicts with other software.
What can I do if my Synaptics touchpad is disabled at startup?
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup You may be unable to use your laptop if there are issues with the Synaptics touchpad driver. In addition, customers have also reported the touchpad-related following problems:
- Touchpad disabled automatically
- Many consumers said that their touchpad immediately turns deactivated.
- Your settings or drivers typically bring on the issue.
- Not just Synaptics touchpads are susceptible to this problem.
- Synaptics touchpad disables itself
- The Synaptics touchpad occasionally has the mysterious ability to self-disable.
- Your touchpad software may be disabled upon system startup, which could explain this.
- Synaptics touchpad disable when mouse is plugged in
- If using a mouse, many users often disable their touchpad.
- In fact, if you connect a mouse, your touchpad can be immediately disabled.
- Make sure to read one of our earlier articles to learn how to disable the touchpad when a mouse is connected so that you can learn how to change these settings again.
- Synaptics touchpad not working, has stopped working
- Users claim that the Synaptics touchpad abruptly ceased to function.
- To see if it helps, try rolling back your drivers if your touchpad isn’t functioning at all.
- Synaptics touchpad keeps crashing, resetting
- Few people complained that their PC’s Synaptics touchpad kept crashing or resetting.
- A malfunctioning driver or the settings on your touchpad are most likely to blame.
- Touchpad disabled automatically
1. Disable the mouse from the Device Manager
- Use the X and Windows Logo keys on your keyboard to start.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Look for the mouse device in the device list, right-click it, and choose Disable.
- Verify that your touchpad is now functional.
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup Sometimes the problem with the touchpad is with your mouse. Turn off the mouse and check the touchpad’s functionality after. If the mouse isn’t the problem, try cleaning the boot and looking for software that interferes with your computer’s touchpad.
2. Perform a Clean Boot
- Type msconfig in the search box, and then tap or click System Configuration.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box on the Services tab of the System Configuration dialogue box, then touch or click Disable all.
- Tap or click Open Task Manager on the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialogue box.
- A list of startup programs will show up. Disable can be selected by right-clicking each item on the list. This process should be repeated until all startup programs are disabled.
- Go back to the System Configuration window after quitting Task Manager. Restart your computer after clicking Apply and OK. A clean boot makes it easier to eliminate software conflicts and identify the issue’s root.
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup You can find out if any software is interfering with the operation of some of your devices by doing a clean boot. Check to see if your touchpad device is operating properly after conducting a Clean Boot.
If everything functions as it should and without any interruptions, a software conflict, a conflict between the touchpad and mouse drivers, or both may have contributed to the issue.
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup You should update the drivers for both devices to see if that resolves the problems. The following measures to do that.
3. Update the Drivers for the Touchpad device
3.1 Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates
- Navigate to the Update & Security section in the Settings app.
- Click Check for Updates in the Windows Update window.
- You’ll get a list of all the most recent updates; check them all out and install them all.
3.2 Try updating the drivers from the Device Manager.
- Activate Device Manager.
- Look for the touchpad device from the device list, right-click on it, and choose Update driver.
- Complete the installation of the most recent driver by following the on-screen directions.
- If no driver updates are available, you may use the Browse my computer for driver software option to look for the most recent touchpad driver drivers in the Drivers and DriverStore directories in the directory C:WindowsSystem32.
Visit Synaptics website and look for the most recent touchpad drivers there if you can’t locate any new drivers on your PC. Download and install them on your computer if they are accessible.
3.3 Update drivers automatically
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup If this approach is unsuccessful or you lack the technical know-how to update/fix the drivers manually, we advise using specialized driver updater software to complete the task automatically.
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup This program will streamline the procedure and help you download and update the drivers most appropriate for your requirements.
4. Make sure that you’re not disabling your touchpad
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup Most laptops include a specific button that you can press to turn off the touchpad. You must hit a particular keyboard key, such as F5, to turn off your touchpad.
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup Check to see if you’re not regularly deactivating your touchpad with this key if it keeps happening. Alternatively, you might try tapping this key to make it active. Try this method because many users stated that it solved their issues.
5. Check your touchpad settings
- To access the control panel, use Windows Key + S. Control Panel can be chosen from the list.
- Go to the Mouse area of the Control Panel once it has opened.
- Go to the Device Settings tab now.
- From the list, choose your touchpad, then click the Settings option.
- Find the Tapping area now, and make sure the Double-tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad option is disabled.
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup Users claim that occasionally your touchpad settings can make your Synaptics touchpad inoperable. They claim that this touchpad can support a tapping gesture to enable or disable it.
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup Save your modifications after finishing that, then see if your problem has been resolved. Feel free to give it a try since many users say this approach works for them.
6. Roll back to the older driver
- Device Manager should be opened.
- To access its properties, double-click the touchpad driver you located earlier.
- Click the Roll Back Driver button on the Driver tab after navigating there.
Remember that this choice might not be offered. If not, you should remove the driver and attempt to use the default driver.
- Locate your touchpad driver in Device Manager, then select Uninstall device from the context menu.
- Check Select the option to uninstall the device’s driver software, then click OK.
- After removing the driver, select the Scan for Hardware Changes icon.
Windows will now install the default driver.
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup If your Synaptics touchpad isn’t working properly on Windows 10, there may be a driver issue. Although installing the most recent drivers is recommended, this problem can occasionally arise even if you are using the most recent drivers.
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup Visit the maker’s website of your touchpad and download an earlier driver if the default driver isn’t working. When you’ve done that, see if the issue still exists after installing the older driver.
7. Modify your registry
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup Users claim that if your settings are continually resetting, the issue may be with your registry. But you may quickly correct that by doing the following:
- For the Run dialogue box to appear, press Windows Key + R.
- Click OK or press Enter to launch regedit.
- In the left pane, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARESynapticsSynTPInstall key.
- Double-click the DeleteUserSettingOnUpgrade DWORD in the right pane and set its value to 0.
Restart your computer after saving the modifications to see if the issue persists.
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup I hope you found this guide useful. If you’ve got any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the shape below.
1. How can I make Windows 10’s Synaptics touchpad available?
- When the Run window appears, type main by pressing Windows + R. CPL, then click “OK.”
- Select the Device settings to bring up the mouse settings.
- Whether the Synaptics TouchPad is disabled, click it to check if it is, then enables the option. From the control panel, turn on the touchpad.
2. Why is my touchpad turned off by default?
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup Windows won’t turn off the mouse or keyboard on desktop computers, but it will do so for laptop touchpads. It’s easy to understand why. The touchpad consumes power even though batteries often power laptops. Most devices have a power setting that enables the OS to disable when necessary.
3. How can I prevent my touchpad from becoming inoperable?
Fix Synaptics Touchpad is Disabled at Windows 10 Startup Select the TouchPad, ClickPad, Device Settings, or a similar-named tab in the Mouse Properties box. The TouchPad should be able to be enabled and disabled. It might be a checkbox or a button. Click OK after selecting the Enable option.
4. Synaptics Touchpad Drivers : r/Windows10 – Reddit
5. Synaptics Precision Touchpad Driver No Longer working after